June 2-6, 2022
with Kamini Desai, Ph.D.
Live Online Zoom Session Schedule:
• June 2-6, 2022 (Thursday – Monday)
o 10:00am-1:00pm and 2:00pm-5:00pm EST
Plus yoga therapy class videos to complete in your own time as your personal practice.
All sessions will be live online and attendance is required to receive a certificate.
I AM Yoga Therapy™ I (40 hours)
Touch-free Techniques of Yoga Therapy I:
“Immediately relevant, useful and applicable.”
“Bridges the gap between Yoga and Psychology.”
“Science of Yoga and Energy.”
This profound and innovative course takes Yoga Therapy to a deeper level. Learn specific and immediately useful tools to release trapped psychosomatic patterns and free the body’s innate healing potential. Presented in an applicable and relatable way, teachings on esoteric understanding of energy are combined with practical tools and practices. Body-based facilitation & coaching techniques can be applied with or without yoga poses in one-on-one private sessions or applied to any style of yoga, life coaching, therapy or bodywork you offer. Besides powerful facilitation techniques, you will learn how to guide poses to release and reprogram unhelpful physical, mental and emotional patterns. Support yourself and others to reduce symptoms and improve function not only from the outside in, but from the inside out!
This program is often taught online and works extremely well in this format with plenty of individual coaching and partner practice in virtual breakout rooms. Yoga Therapy I can stand on its own or you may use your hours to go on to Yoga Therapy II where you will learn hands-on techniques of Yoga Therapy. Includes detailed digital manual and reference videos.
You will learn:
• Fascinating insights & Yogic theory of energy, self-actualization & healing
• How to conduct a body scan & assess the results
• Lead an individual session or group yoga therapy class that addresses common holding zones in the body
• Step by step instructions on how to guide unique yoga therapy coaching techniques
• Use chakras as a map to identify gaps in personal maturation and self-actualization
• Healthfully integrate and release emotions for yourself and others
• Ideal for online sessions & hands-on limitations
• Includes digital manual and reference videos
Who is this for?
• In addition to promoting your personal development, this training is excellent for yoga teachers, psychologists, counselors, health and healing professionals, and bodyworkers in search of new tools to serve their clients.
• Yoga Therapists are increasingly working in pain clinics, and in conjunction with doctors, chiropractors, physiotherapists, physical therapists, senior treatments centers and rehabilitation clinics.
Ideal for online and concerns around touch.
• Especially suited for those interested in yoga therapy but with physical concerns which would prevent participation in the more rigorous partner assisted yoga therapy techniques of Yoga Therapy II.
• No previous yoga experience is required.
How Can I Use My Hours?
• Continue on to Yoga Therapy II.
• Completion of Yoga Therapy I and II count towards Amrit Yoga Institute’s 800hr IAYT accredited yoga therapist program. Learn more here.
• If you are already a member of IAYT (International Association of Yoga Therapists), this course can be used towards continuing education hours
Practicum: For those going on to Yoga Therapy II you will need to complete and submit documentation for the following:
• Lead 3 yoga therapy classes.
• Practice facilitation techniques learned.
• These hours count towards 120 Hour certification you receive in Yoga Therapy II
- Course materials are digitally provided for convenience. They can be downloaded from the FILES section of your course and printed at home or you can order hard copies and have them professionally printed at additional cost. Instructions provided inside the course.
- Course is non-refundable once purchased
- You will have access to the course for 90 days beyond the completion of the last Live Session in the Course.
- If you wish to continue accessing the course you can extend access to e-courses for a small additional fee using this form: https://amrityoga.org/forms/ecourse-extension-form/
- All of the accredited hours you complete online during this course will count towards the International Association of Yoga Therapist (IAYT) Accredited 800 Hour I AM Yoga Therapy Program.
- There are two tracks that make up the I AM Yoga Therapy™ 120 hour training:
• I AM Yoga Therapy™ I (prerequisite to I AM Yoga Therapy™)
• I AM Yoga Therapy™ II
About the course visit: https://amrityoga.org/yoga-therapy/
Learn more about Kamini Desai, Ph.D at https://www.kaminidesai.com/