Nov 17-21st, 2021
with Kamini Desai & Chitra Marie Bailey
Daily Live Online Zoom Session Schedule:
o Morning Practice: 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM EST (4:30 AM - 6:00 AM PT) (video practices provided if you cannot attend live)
o Zoom Class: 10:00 AM -1:00 PM and 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM EST (7:00 AM -10:00 AM and 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM PT)
I AM Yoga Therapy™ I (40 hours)
Hands-free Techniques of I AM Yoga Therapy I Live ONLINE
“Innovative and profound.”
“Bridges the gap between Yoga and Psychology.”
“Science of Yoga and Energy.”
“Immediately relevant, useful and applicable.”
What Is I AM Yoga Therapy?
The aim of I AM Yoga Therapy is to support the individual to reduce or eliminate symptoms and improve function not only from the outside in, but from the inside out. Our aim is to release the trapped healing potential of the body so that it can heal itself.
• reduced stiffness, chronic pain, tension & inflammation
• improved posture and range of motion
• increased immunity, blood & lymph flow
• Increased clarity, emotional balance
• reduction of unhealthy thinking patterns
What is This Course About?
This course is an in-depth dive into Yoga, energy & creating optimal healing through body/mind integration. Presented in an applicable and relatable way, this esoteric understanding is combined with practical tools and practices. We provide the skills to powerfully share these techniques with clients and students – and gain their benefits for yourself. You will learn how to guide poses to release and reprogram unhelpful physical, mental and emotional patterns.
• Includes Manual & videos
• Hands-free techniques of yoga therapy
• Ideal for online sessions & hands-on limitations
• Yogic theory of energy & healing
• Body-based facilitation & coaching techniques
• Prop-assisted sequences that address the major holding zones in the body
• Combines the benefits of Yoga Nidra* with Yoga Therapy
*For those trained in Yoga Nidra
You will learn to:
• Conduct a body scan & assess the results
• Lead an individual session or group yoga therapy class
• Guide three different yoga therapy facilitation techniques
• How to address spiritual bypassing and other pitfalls with our unique integration model
• Use chakras as a map to identify gaps in personal maturation and self-actualization
• Healthfully integrate and release emotions for yourself and others
Who is this for:
• In addition to promoting your personal development, this training is excellent for yoga teachers, psychologists, counselors, health and healing professionals, and bodyworkers in search of new tools to serve their clients.
• This course is ideal if you are interested in yoga therapy but have physical limitations which would keep you from engaging in the more rigorous partner assisted yoga therapy techniques of Yoga Therapy II.
• Yoga Therapists are increasingly working in pain clinics, and in conjunction with doctors, chiropractors, physiotherapists, physical therapists, senior treatments centers and rehabilitation clinics.
How Can I Use My Hours?
• Continue on to Yoga Therapy II to become a 120hr Yoga Therapy practitioner.
• Completion of Yoga Therapy I and II count towards our 800hr IAYT accredited yoga therapist program.
• If you are already a member of IAYT (International Association of Yoga Therapists), this course may used towards continuing education hours
Practicum: For those going on to Yoga Therapy II you will need to complete and submit documentation for the following:
• Lead 3 yoga therapy classes.
• Practice all the facilitation techniques you have learned at least once.
• These hours will count towards the 120hr certification you receive in Yoga Therapy II
- Course materials are digitally provided for convenience. They can be downloaded from the FILES section of your course and printed at home or you can order hard copies and have them professionally printed at additional cost. Instructions provided inside the course.
- Course is non-refundable once purchased
- You will have access to the course for 90 days beyond the completion of the last Live Session in the Course.
- If you wish to continue accessing the course you can extend access to e-courses for a small additional fee using this form: https://amrityoga.org/forms/ecourse-extension-form/
- All of the accredited hours you complete online during this course will count towards the International Association of Yoga Therapist (IAYT) Accredited 800 Hour I AM Yoga Therapy Program.
- There are two tracks that make up the I AM Yoga Therapy™ 120 hour training:
• I AM Yoga Therapy™ I (prerequisite to I AM Yoga Therapy™)
• I AM Yoga Therapy™ II
For More information about the course and the teachers visit: https://amrityoga.org/yoga-therapy/
Learn more about Kamini Desai, Ph.D at https://www.kaminidesai.com/