Discover the Yoga of Energy
For trained Yoga Teachers of Any Tradition
Learn new skills passed down from a living Guru to layer the principles and practices of I AM Yoga® The Posture of Consciousness (POC) into any yoga class. These teachings are based in ancient yogic wisdom brought into a modern hatha/raja yoga practice. I AM Yoga® POC offers you a fresh new way of exploring your yoga practice and teaching because it’s foundation rests on energy or prana.
Please note: This course must be completed within 60 days of registering. We recommend you wait to register until you have the time devoted to completing the course. Approximately 4-6 hours per week.
Learn new tools for your personal yoga practice and teaching!
• Understand the energetic purpose of the first and second halves of a yoga posture
• Cultivate Witness Consciousness to observe the subtle movement of prana in the body
• Discover the power of Press Points and Energetic Extensions when used in any posture
• Recognize experientially the energetic physics of energy following attention
• Master the energetics of the Edge, breaking the momentum of reactive physical, mental and emotional patterns
• This course is a prerequisite, for teachers coming from a tradition other than Amrit Yoga, for our I AM
Yoga® Advanced Training: Meditation in Motion & I AM Yoga Therapy™ Professional Training Pathway
This course consists of eight modules. Each module will contain any, or all of the following:
• Mentor communication (although you can start your first assignment right away, the first contact with a mentor is within 8 weeks)
• Audio/Video presentation
• Reading Materials
• Course exercises to complete
• Practice teaching
• I AM Yoga® Trained Teachers
• Refresh and expand your understanding and teaching skills as an I AM Yoga® teacher and learn
refinements in the teachings
1. You must be a certified 200 hour Yoga instructor (Yoga Alliance participation is not required)
2. Have access to a phone or video conferencing
3. Have an electronic device to view course materials, and an email account
4. Complete the course in a minimum of 1 month, maximum of 2 months
- Course is non-refundable once purchased
- You will have access to the course for 90 days
- If you wish to continue practicing the course you can extend access to e-courses for a small additional fee using this form: https://amrityoga.org/forms/ecourse-extension-form/
CEU with Yoga Alliance: If you wish to register CEU’s with Yoga Alliance, you must do so directly on their page. Your instructors Indu Heather Arena, Ramdas Ormand and Chandrakant John Heister are registered E-RYT 500’s making all hours with them eligible. Inside the course there is a breakdown of Competency Hours.
***Please note that this course is non-refundable once you register.